Thinking about this post made me realise how utterly impracticable and ridiculous I am. Point in case being I carry around this teeny makeup bag when I have approximately 700 spares at home that are all bigger then this, it doesn't even fit half the s**t I carry with me... I also have around 20 lip products and nothing else that I always find myself needing.... Like a concealer, eyeliner, full coverage powder for touch ups.
I really have no idea what's going on here but I will share it with you anyway, you may get a kick out of seeing how we crazy people do things.
I'm very limited on time today (no lengthy lunch breaks for me.... boooo) so I won't go into much detail. It's pretty much irrelevant anyway.
Makeup bag - GWP - Chanel Holiday Smokey Eye Set
- Hair ties – Must be METAL free and good quality, I have thick hair and lots of it. I need something with good staying power – no slip. This kind is pretty expensive (around $7 for 20) – you can pick them up from Priceline or Big W in Australia.
- iKOU Essential Oil Rolette in “Headache” – A natural alternative to pain killers… It doesn't work.
For skin touch ups:
- Skinnygirl mirror - I love Bethenny Frankel!
- Cheap little makeup applicator puffs - Don't use applicator puffs with the Mally like I do.. It gets fuzzies stuck all over your face and all up in the product. Be smart, use a sponge.
- Mally Beauty Poreless Face Defender - I will do a separate review, this stuff is simply amazing at keeping one matte and pore free.
- MAC Frost - Angel
- MAC Satin - Snob
- MAC Lustre - The Faerie Glen (SE)
- MAC Cremesheen - Innocence Beware! (SE) Currently available on MAC's Australian Website!
- MAC Satin - Viva Glam II
- MAC Lustre - Flamingo (SE)
- MAC Sheen Supreme - Supremely Confident
- Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick - 180 Vintage Pink
- Tom Ford Rouge A Levre - Blush Nude
My lip staples that never leave my bag:
- NYX Lipliner Pencil in 825, 1000 Years
- MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner SPF 15 - Lavender (SE)
- MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner SPF 15 - Calm Mode (SE)
Never enough gloss:
- Maybelline Baby Lips - Fashion Night Out SE
- Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 - Vanilla & Lavender
- The Body Shop Born Lippy - Lychee Shimmer Lip Balm
- Chap Ice Cherry Lip Balm
- Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait De Gloss - 51 Insouciance
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss - 59 Twilight Petal
- Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector - 01 Rose Shimmer
Bits & pieces:
- Payot Douceur Des Mains - Nourishing Softening Cream - Sample Size
- Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula - Concentrated Cream
- Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Parfum - 35ML
- Kim Kardashian EDP Rollerball
In conclusion these are the items I will be KEEPING in my makeup bag after a much needed re-shuffle:
Hair ties, band aids, face defender, whichever MAC (or 3) lipstick I am feeling that day/moment, Tom Ford Blush Nude - this is my favourite lipstick and I always have to have it with me, 1000 years lip pencil, 1 of the 2 MAC Lip conditioners, Mini Chap Stick, whichever lipgloss (or 3) I am feeling that day/moment, 1 Hand cream & mini fragrance of my choosing.
If you would like to see swatches or individual product reviews on any of the products mentioned please comment below and let me know, I would be happy to oblige.
What's in your makeup bag? I hope your situation is a lot better then mine, ha.